1. DWK

    DWK Limited User

    Messages:
    26
    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2011
    Likes:
    0
    After checking several woodlots today, we found many areas still covered in ice and snow. We have decided to cancel the enduro and trail ride on Saturday April 19/2014. There will be no rescheduling of the event. We will try again in 2015.
    Doug Lynn Valley Dirt Riders
  2. 3BeeJay3

    3BeeJay3 ODSC Executive

    Messages:
    5,011
    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2006
    Likes:
    0
    Town:
    Near Stratford Ont.
    That sux.

    Too bad it couldn't be run in the fall, or something.....

    Had a lot of fun at it last spring.
  3. gorick

    gorick Ride Organizer

    Messages:
    268
    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2005
    Likes:
    0
    Town:
    Langton Ontario
    Too bad but I sure agree on the decision. I went out to check trails today and 90% were great but the other 10% were impassable. Any shaded area that was rode on in the winter is now rock hard ice. Lot's of frost in some areas and others that we're hit by the sun are bottomless pits. Definitely not ready.
    So I guess my new 4 Km's of single track will now be abandoned until next spring so the quad boys don't find it and destroy it before all of you get to ride it. That has happened before.
    So may be we could do a dual sport ride using some of the dry trails in this area so people can still get together and start riding. It could possibly be a ride with no real agenda but just ride around hitting the areas that are interesting and fun.
    Someone put this idea in my head........Bruce!

    Rick
  4. Husaberger

    Husaberger Limited User

    Messages:
    1,265
    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2004
    Likes:
    0
    Since a lot of motorcyclist are also bicyclist, Red Bull has a race on April 19 at Ontario place (downtown Toronto). Anyone can enter...run what ya brung type of thing.

    Hop on Google and type in RED BULL RACE THE PLACE TORONTO. Since you already booked April 19 off, might as well do something active.
  5. 3BeeJay3

    3BeeJay3 ODSC Executive

    Messages:
    5,011
    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2006
    Likes:
    0
    Town:
    Near Stratford Ont.


    Can I bring my GasGas? :D :wink:
  6. dayofpain

    dayofpain Limited User

    Messages:
    40
    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2007
    Likes:
    0
    Town:
    Tillsonburg, Ontario
    Rode St Williams today on the Mnt bike, trails were great - some snow here and there but otherwise perfect.
    When I was riding the BB in the '90s they were a lot worse than what I saw today -
  7. gorick

    gorick Ride Organizer

    Messages:
    268
    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2005
    Likes:
    0
    Town:
    Langton Ontario
    You were riding on the sandiest soil in the county. That's why it is all trees.
    The problem is that the Beagle Bash goes through a lot of private land, farmers fields, and their wood lots. This is primo land and it is not ready to ride on.
    We have learned a lot since the inception of the BB. When I first started watching this race riders were sent into the nastiest of terrain and that area was destroyed by the bikes. I can show you places from 20 years ago where we don't go anymore and there is still ruts in the ground. We have learned that this kind of destruction takes years to reverse.
    That is why everywhere we ride is now is kept off limits until it is ready so we don't leave a mess when we ride
    Keeping the land pristine is what allows us to enjoy to the fullest what we don't destroy and it sure makes us a lot more welcomed.
    Rick
  8. Randy_K

    Randy_K Limited User

    Messages:
    3,839
    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2006
    Likes:
    0
    Town:
    Cambridge
    Very well spoke Rick =D>

    Now if only you could get that message to the guys looking for mud and trails to ruin. Its not only 4 X 4's and ATV's but bikes as well that get areas closed.

    Randy